Most Disturbing Hotel Pool Sign. Ever.

After a hard day hiking, I thought about taking a refreshing dip in the hotel’s saltwater pool.

Thanks for the heads up, hotel management. Next time I have a flaming case of diarrhea, I will definitely think twice about getting in the pool. Also, what the fuck is up with the nice brown streak in the middle of the water? Nice graphics touch.

Maybe another time.

Advertisements

21 Responses to Most Disturbing Hotel Pool Sign. Ever.

1. David says:

On a related note, I find this site to have a wealth of interesting reading. Just not at meal time. Burgers on the grill, anyone? πŸ˜‰

• I shouldn’t be, but I am amazed that such a firm exists. In light of our current listeria outbreak, I can only imagine the ambulance chasing occurring.

• David says:

Well, some of these diseases are pretty serious, so it’s not just a litigation lottery issue. It would suck to have a kid on dialysis for life. 😦

Apparently there’s a fancy name and even an awareness campaign on diseases acquired in swimming pools. Oh, and I don’t even want to *know* how they figured out the data in the fourth paragraph of this article! I guess this is why some are taking more than a mere “cover your ass” approach to the issue.

2. Jim Katen says:

Interestingly, there seems to be no rule prohibiting those with diarrhea from entering the pool. The sign only addresses “swimming.” I wonder how many of the Over-60 Aqua Aerobics class that morning might have fallen into this category.

Equally disturbing is the lack of pronoun/antecedent number agreement in bullet point #3. How can we take seriously those who can’t decide how many diarrheic juveniles to proscribe from their pool?

• The pronoun thing makes me insane. Maybe they should just have a check in sheet with a box for Diarrhea? ____ yes _____ no. Number in party? ______. That might solve the hotel’s inability to manage pronoun agreement. Also, bonus points for the correct spelling and usage of the word ‘proscribe’.

3. Jim, you’re right on both counts…but the bullet point no. 3 issue is most disturbing…Drives me NUTS when people do that!

Jean…What hotel is that??? What is the empty oval up above the text for? πŸ™‚

4. Wow…they are pretty serious about other people’s bowls…

5. This reminds me of the signs people used to put up around their home swimming pools back in the 1960s: “We don’t swim in your toilet; please don’t pee in our pool.”

• There was a pool in St Louis that I stayed at as a kid where the bar looked into the pool like it was a giant aquarium. I was in the bar with my parents (I had those kinds of parents) and I watched as three people pissed in the pool unaware that you could see them. Ick.

6. Stacey says:

Ew. I’m most concerned that they felt that they NEEDED this sign.

7. Jen says:

Good thing they reminded us not to drink the water now that we know SOMEONE with a mad case of the Hershey squirts has besmirched it with their fecal juices, thus requiring actual signage to prevent any further occurences. Crikey!

8. Stacey and Jen said it – somebody had to have done it if they made a sign. Disturbing. Reminds me of the Nip/Tuck episode with Christian in the hot tub with his girl friend. Sparing you the rest of the details.

9. mistyslaws says:

This is hysterical. Thanks for posting that sign! Disturbing indeed. I have a swimming pool at my home. Now I feel I may need to include signage such as this next summer. Thanks for the warning.